Om te kunnen inloggen op Mijn AutoWeek moet u akkoord gaan met onze privacy voorwaarden.
|Uitvoering||CX-5 2.0 SkyActiv-G 2.0 4WD TS+ Lease Pack|
|Versnellingen||6, Sequentiële Automaat|
|Jaar van aanschaf||2012|
|KM-stand bij aanschaf||10 km|
|KM-stand laatst||5.000 km|
I hope that it will not be an issue if i write it in English. My Dutch is not good enough. I've been an owner of Hyundai Santa Fe for the last 11 years. 2001-2004 v6 4wd aut, 2005-2008, 2.4 4wd manual, 2008-2012, new model 2.7 v6 aut 4wd. Fantastic car, really happy and satisfied but kids are not longer at home nor come with us on holidays so for my wife and myself, it was the time for something smaller and economic so we looked at vw tiguan, kia sportage, hyundai ix35 and mazda cx-5. With no doubts, we chose cx-5. Got it on june 6 2012 with 10 km, black and standard 17 inch tires. After a 300 km getting around, we hit to Spain on holidays. Almost 5000 km done and this is what i think about the cx-5:
- Fuel efficiency: Impressive. Been the 4wd aut version, with 4 persons and their luggage, 80% highway roads with average 130 km/h speed and being the engine new, it made 8.4100 km. Way back with only 2 persons and their luggage, it made 8.1100 km. Absolutely fantastic. My Santa made 11100 km. 20% of the trip was on secondary roads on the Spanish mountains. I calculated the fuel saving amount and it came around eur 320 for the whole trip. So very happy :-)
- Performance: Excellent. Drive on the speedway was pleasant, very solid, including nasty winds close to the Spanish border. Car stayed very well balanced on the road. Drive on the secondary roads on the mountains was a wonderful pleasure. Steering is direct and responsive putting the car into the curve and driving it where you're pointing to. Power-train balance is very small, impressive for a car that is 1.70 m tall. i pushed a bit in some curves and reaction was excellent, and funny to drive.
- Conform: It is a roomy car for its external measure. Seats are fine and i did not have back pain during the trip, making 8-9 hours a day of driving.
- Features: All installed feature worked like a charm. No single failure, expect for a hitch with the i-stop system. Suddenly stopped to work. Reading in internet i found some tips about battery level. It has to be at least 85% charged. OK i forgot to remove the usb stick with the music from the usb/aux port, so it was taken battery resources during the night. After recharge battery with normal driving and removing the usb stick at night, it worked again and it did not fail yet again up to date of this review. Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) system worked very well and it was very helpful while driving around Paris with such a heavy traffic.
- Gear box: Automatic is very pleasant to drive and indeed, it shift to a higher gear soon as it is design for fuel efficiency. A nice surprise was when setting it to manual during mountain roads drive. It shifted fast, soft and reliable making the use of the manual shift a great experience.
- Tomtom and multimedia system: I've updated to the latest maps and version for free using tomtom home2. Tomtom worked fine during the trip. The only issue i've to take care was to disable the camera detection in France as it is forbidden. I emailed TT support and they told me that in this model, it could not be possible to remove the detection only for France so it had to be disable what i did. The music system worked fine as i've got a usb stick, 16 gb with all my music and it played fine, no issues.
As recap, very happy experience for the first 5000 km, even i'm feeling that engine is breaking down and power start to be delivered sooner. First thousands km, i felt power coming in around 3000/3500 rpm while on the way back, i felt it around 2500 rpm so good sign about engine tuning.
But, there is always a but, also some points to mention:
1. Shaking exterior mirrors: Indeed it happened but it is not so annoying, at least for me, so not a big issue.
2. Driver seat position: I like to have the seat in a high position but after some days, it is slowing falling down to the lower position. i'm 1.85 and 113 kg, so it should hold it fine. I've got an appointment with the dealer next Saturday.
I've read about other's people issues like the tired pressure system misbehaving with high temps but i've driving with temp around 30 c and no problem.
I hope that you guys find my review interesting.
- Update 17-02-2013.
Car is still wonderful after 15.000 km and i only had 2 issues:
1. Driver's seat slowly going down if set on high position.
Dealer acknowledged the issue and i'll get a new seat with modify hooks below the seat.
2. i-stop stopped working with orange flashing light on dashboard and message " Accuberdeersystem inspectie vereist".
Dealer checked the car an came back with a defect battery ( Accu). I'll get a new one.
For the rest, fantastic car enjoy it a lot riding it and i'm very happy with it.
Geef uw mening over schrijfstijl en bruikbaarheid. Bij tenminste vijf binnengekomen waarderingen zal de gemiddelde beoordeling getoond worden.